Monday 27 February 2012

Nestabilities butterfly shrinkie

Loving butterflies at the moment. I remember being fascinated by them as a kid - is it just me, or are there less of them nowadays?



I'm also having a little love affair with kraft and orange ;)

The butterfly was cut out with one of the dies in the Wonderful Wings Nestabilities set.  I used the same die to cut a shape from shrink plastic, stamped it with the scrolls, punched a hole to hang it from, and shrunk it. I got a little nervous heating the shrinkie plastic with my heat gun - the butterfly wings started curling in on themselves, but then I channeled my friend Lynne "Just keep heating, it'll be alright."  And it was alright! Here's a close up:

 

Once the butterfly was shrunk, I coloured it with a Copic marker, and used the same colour to highlight some of the words in the text.

All of the materials I used are listed on the DownUnder Direct Inspiration Blog.

Thanks for stopping by today.


2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by and taking the time to leave me some love!